Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I got to ride an elephant!

Yay for Chiang Mai and my elephant ride! For all of this trip so far, I've been holding out for an elephant ride and we finally did it. It was quite fun. Our elephant was a female, so she was small - but that doesn't mean she wasn't the cutest little elephant of all the pack. Check out the pix!

Besides our elephant ride, we did some bamboo rafting, which consisted of sticking about 9 or 10 pieces of bamboo together and heading down the river. It also means a guaranteed wet butt.

We had several days in Chiang Mai and didn't really do much. Got massages, wandered the city, hit the markets and spent too much money on jewelery from local artists...Katie was one heck of a bargainer (yes, we joined back up with our buddy Katie), sat by a pool, and tried to avoid being completely disgusted by the large population of old, white men, who come here specifically to get a little, oh, you know.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Hey Joy its Ashlee Olsen how the heck are you. You look like you are live-in the life! What where are you doing? Are you working over there or just playing really hard? I hope that you are just playing really hard. You should before you ever get married and have kids. Nice to see you. Hey if you ever have a chance I have a blog as well but it is blocked. you will have to send me an email to phelps2kids@yahoo.com and then I can send you an invite to view it. Have a good time. Ash

Carolyn Hanson said...

I'm jealous of your elephant ride! I would love to do that sometime... It's fun to read about your adventures! Stay safe and I'll see you at Christmas! Lots of love, -Carolyn

Katy said...

Hello Joy! It's Katy Sampson. It looks like you are having a blast. It's fun to see all that you are doing.