Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ever eaten bat before...I didn't think so!

In the riverside town of Battambang - the second largest city in Cambodia - Lani and I found ourselves in a small, local restaurant, ingesting bat with our fellow Cambodian moto drivers. They were all smiles, while we, well...we choked it down. In actuality, it tasted a bit like crunchy liver. Not too much taste - just definitely not something I'd choose to eat regularly. It was all about the experience, which consisted of the whole little bat body coming to the table in one piece, and we had to take off it's head and legs. Animal cruelty...possibly. But hey, when in Cambodia, do as the Cambodians do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You've officially gone batty!! ok..that was corny but I couldn't help it!

Miss you like crazy girly. So glad to see your enjoying yourself.

big hugs!

jcj

Stallion said...

I am so sad that I miss out on that... i love to try new foods :)
i miss you and love your guts Joy.
Stal

Erica said...

holy smokes! doesn't seem like they'd have much meat on them!